Telehealth Physical Therapy
Diablo Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine is proud to offer Telehealth Physical Therapy Services. Telehealth Physical Therapy allows you to work virtually from home, 1-on-1, with one of our licensed physical therapists. This is a great way to receive a physical therapy assessment and treatment anytime you might have difficulty attending an in-office visit.
Insurance Coverage for Telehealth Services
Commercial and Private Health Insurance Plans
Most private health plans cover telehealth services, however, since coverage policies vary by insurance company, we are happy to check with your insurance prior to your appointment to make sure you are covered.
** Update** During the COVID-19 emergency, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has expanded benefits to include coverage for physical therapy telehealth.
HOW DOES TELEHEALTH WORK?
After contacting us to schedule your telehealth appointment, you will receive a phone call prior to your appointment time to confirm your email address, demographic profile and insurance information. If applicable, your co-pay will be collected at this time.
- You will then receive an email with your appointment instructions and a Zoom web link.
- You will need to download Zoom to your computer or mobile phone prior to your appointment.
- Five minutes before your appointment time, please log on to Zoom by clicking the link in your confirmation email.
- Audio and video are required for all telehealth appointments, so please make sure your camera and audio are working properly prior to your appointment.
- Diablo Physical Therapy is diligent about maintaining an on-time schedule, however, if you “arrive” on Zoom before your physical therapist, please be patient and know that your therapist will “arrive” shortly.
- You will be asked to confirm that you consent to your telehealth appointment and your consent will be documented in the notes in your medical record.
- If you encounter any difficulties accessing your appointment, don’t worry, we will guide you through the process over the phone.
What you can expect during your virtual visit:
- Your physical therapist will discuss your symptoms and goals.
- He or she will perform assessments to get a clear picture of your condition and limitations.
- Your PT will discuss their findings and collaborate with you on a treatment plan. This will include a customized home therapy program. During the session, they will provide you with feedback and cues to make sure you are performing this program effectively and safely.
- You will be able to schedule follow up visits to monitor your progress and advance your treatment as needed.
Give us a call to schedule your telehealth appointment today!